- ASUS Directed By You Contest Invites Filipino Fans to Create new ZenFone 3 Video Ads
- Industry’s first user generated ad series contest inspired by recent Alien & Dinosaur crowdsourced ad
ASUS is inviting fans from the Philippines and a few other selected countries to contribute amusing and entertaining plot ideas that will be collected to produce a series of three video ads highlighting the new ZenFone 3. This “Directed By You” contest is the first campaign by a smartphone maker to create a series of crowdsourced ads, and was inspired by the first crowdsoured ZenFone 3 ad, the Alien and the Dinosaur (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goh5ZPOr5NY), created from ideas provided by New Yorkers who were interviewed at random.
As the contest name implies, the “Directed By You” contest will involve fans submitting short stories that will be assembled into a complete plot for three video ads that will be produced by groups of professional filmmakers and artists and shot entirely using the ZenFone 3.
“We cannot wait to see the creativity and humor of our fans that will result from this contest,” said Erik Hermanson, Head of Mobile Brand and Marketing, ASUS. “It will be an interesting and entertaining international ‘social experiment’ to see the diversity of ideas,” he concluded.
HOW IT WORKS:
● Participation: To help create the new series of ZenFone 3 video ads, participants from the Philippines and other selected participating countries are advised to follow these instructions:
1. Visit the “Directed By You”: website at www.asus.com/event/directedbyyou/ph
2. For a period of three weeks starting from November 8th 2016, participants can submit story ideas with two conditions: stories must be kept within a 200 character limit and must contain a “daily key word” that relates to the topic of the week.
● Weekly topics: Each video ad in the series will focus on a key topic regarding the ZenFone 3 and will be composed of stories contributed from a single week. The three topics are photography, entertainment and gaming.
■ Daily Prize: A ZenFone 3 will be given as a daily prize for the best entry of the day
■ User generated video ad: In addition to winning a ZenFone 3, the participants who submit the best entries of each day will have their ideas turned into a curated storyline and turned into the plot for a video ad that will be created by groups of prominent influencers who will either direct or act in them.
Fan Ideas brought to life with a ZenFone 3
To bring the fans’ stories to life, three teams of highly experienced and influential international creative professionals will dedicate their talents to producing the final video ad for each week. These directors, artists and actors were selected based on their respective expertise for each week’s focus topic, and have large groups of followers of their work.
Week 1: Photography – The first week’s video ad focusing on Photography will be created by multi award-winning Indian photographer Ritesh Uttamchandani and Varun Chopra, a talented independent cinematographer-director who was the youngest Indian director to feature at Cannes and is now based in Los Angeles. To learn more about them, please visit their websites:
Ritesh Uttamchandani: www.riteshuttamchandani.com
Varun Chopra: www.varunchoprafilms.com
Week 2: Entertainment – The second week’s Entertainment focused video ad will be created by the prolific Barcelona-based group of directors, MANSON with acting talents from French comedian Dycosh. MANSON specializes in both animation and live action videos, and his group has a list of famous clients that include leading vodka distillers Absolut, British designer Alexander McQueen, internet service company Google Play, and Spanish auto maker Seat. The video ad will be collaboratively created with Dycosh who has a YouTube channel that has achieved over 11 million views for its hilarious skits. To learn more about them, please visit their websites:
MANSON Studios: www.manson.st
Dycosh: www.Dycosh.com / www.youtube.com/user/dycoshtv
Week 3: Gaming – The final week’s Gaming focused video ad will be created by multi-award winning Thai ad director Jan Mantanakorn who is renowned in her industry for plot-driven, storytelling ads. Her well-known clients include Honda, Shiseido and Unilever. Helping to bring this Gaming video ad to life will be Filipino-Canadian singer, songwriter, actor and comedian, Mikey Bustos who is also famous for having appeared on singing contest show Canadian Idol in 2003. To learn more about them, please visit their websites:
Jan Mantanakorn: www.janmantanakorn.com
Mikey Bustos: www.youtube.com/user/MikeyBustosVideos
ASUS is a worldwide top-three consumer notebook vendor and maker of the world’s best-selling, most award-winning motherboards. A leading enterprise in the new digital era, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s digital home and office, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktop and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, servers, multimedia devices, wireless solutions, networking devices, tablets, smartphones and wearables. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 4,368 awards in 2015 and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with its Eee PC™. ASUS has more than 17,000 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of over 5,500 engineers. Company revenue for 2015 was approximately US$14 billion.
About ZenFone 3 Series
The ZenFone 3 series is ASUS third generation of smartphones with groundbreaking designs and features that empower users to do more with their smartphones. These include incredible “antenna-free” designs, as well as the best phone cameras that use ASUS’ ultra-fast TriTech autofocus technology. The three main models of the series are:
● ZenFone 3 – The mainstream model of the series, with the key features of the other ZenFone 3 models, but its own distinctive design and priced to deliver great value:
● ZenFone 3 Deluxe – is the elite model of the range, featuring the very best components, wrapped in the most exquisite chassis. It is for discerning buyers who want uncompromised performance and the very best smartphone technologies in a luxurious package:
● ZenFone 3 Ultra – The entertainment-focused smartphone of the series, with a large display and rich multimedia features, including several meaningful “world’s firsts” that make it the ultimate entertainment / gaming mobile device: