- Grab for Work is a free transport expense management solution for Southeast Asian businesses
- Grab for Work enables HR and finance professionals to manage business transport expenses efficiently, enjoy payment flexibility and set ride policies
- Full integration with Concur to reduce time on claims reimbursement
Manila, Philippines – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company, today launched a new corporate solution, Grab for Work, a transport expense management solution designed for business users across Southeast Asia. Available free of charge, Grab for Work offers business leaders, line managers, human resource (HR) and finance professionals across small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and multinational corporations (MNCs) a more productive way to manage their organization’s transport spending. Grab for Work was beta tested and developed with inputs from more than 150 companies across the region.
In the Philippines, where traffic congestion and efficient ground transportation remain a challenge, incurring both direct and indirect economic losses to businesses and employees, finding a transportation alternative is a priority among companies.
“Companies should focus resources on business growth and serving their customers. We see an opportunity to provide an end-to-end transport solution for companies – to help them modernize and streamline their transport expense management processes through our technology platform. From rides to receipts to reimbursements, Grab for Work offers a seamless user experience and enables HR and finance departments to save time on managing day-to-day corporate transport expenses,” said Anthony Tan, CEO and Co-Founder, Grab.
Rides booked with Grab can be tagged as business rides and assigned to corporate groups within the Grab app. All rides would be synced to the Grab for Work web portal, which is a single tool for businesses to organize and oversee employees’ travel. Features include:
- Track and manage travel expenses by cost-centers, departments and project teams: Use the groups feature to sort ride statements, and enjoy the flexibility of assigning different payment modes by groups or individuals. Keep track of specific group travel by scheduling automated weekly or monthly reports to be sent to your work email.
- Set preferred corporate payment options: Provide flexible payment options to employees, including automatic charging to corporate credit cards, personal credit cards or cash.
- Set and easily enforce ride policies: Company executives can manage travel expenditure by setting ride policies to regulate when and where employees are allowed to claim for business travel, based on set locations, times and days. For example, policies can be set to cater for business meetings or late night rides.
- Save time by reducing paperwork: Rides booked through the Grab app will be automatically consolidated in the Grab for Work portal in real-time, complete with ride information including the employee name, travel date and time, pickup and drop-off location, fleet type and selected payment mode. This makes approval administration a breeze and removes the usual pain points of manual processes, such as scanning hardcopy receipts and penning down trip details.
Employees can access ride history online for easy claims
The Grab for Work portal is also available for free to all Grab users, enabling them to:
- Separate business and personal rides effortlessly: Tag rides as business or personal using the Grab app. All rides booked through the Grab app are automatically updated and categorised in the Grab for Work portal.
- Consolidate all receipts for easy reimbursement: Employees can download e-receipts of all completed rides using the Grab for Work portal. The search function makes it easy for business users to download a history of past business rides whenever needed.
Currently used by more than 150 companies across Southeast Asia, including Chope Group (Singapore), Park Hotel Group (Singapore), Rainmaker Labs (Singapore), Yesboss (Indonesia) and Malaysian Airlines (Malaysia), Grab for Work is transforming corporate transport expense management for both SMEs and MNCs.
“We are delighted to partner with Grab on their newest initiative. By leveraging technology, Grab for Work effectively answers the need for greater efficiency in administrative processes, especially in complex operating environments such as the hospitality industry. With this innovative solution, we expect meaningful time savings for our associates, which would translate to higher productivity levels and allow more effective deployment of our human capital,” says Ms Elaine Toh, Group Human Resource Director of Park Hotel Group.
Integration with Concur for faster expense reimbursement
Grab for Work is fully integrated with Concur, an expense management platform. Concur users who travel with Grab can look forward to faster expense reimbursement; their Grab e-receipts will be automatically synced to Concur, removing the need to scan and upload receipts.
“Connecting effortlessly with leading transportation apps makes it easy for our clients. The partnership with Grab is important to our Southeast Asia market and we’re thrilled to welcome them as a Concur App Center partner,” said Madanjit Singh, Managing Director, South East Asia at Concur.
Grab for Work is now available to corporate customers in the six countries that Grab operates in, including Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. In Indonesia, companies can opt for the monthly direct billing option, where companies issue company codes to employees, and are invoiced monthly for business rides. Companies can get more information and sign up at www.grab.com/work.
Appendix A: Manage corporate transport with Grab for Work
To manage employee’s business travel:
Step 1: Log in via grab.com/work with your registered mobile phone number. Register employees individually or do a batch upload via Microsoft Excel to get your employees set up in the system
Step 2: Personalise ride policies and assign payment options by groups and by individuals
Step 3: Download ride statement online whenever you require or schedule periodic statements to be sent directly to your email.
- Bill corporate rides directly to a corporate card via the Grab app
2. Send e-receipts to Concur via the Grab app
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing platform. Grab solves critical transportation challenges and make transport freedom a reality for 620 million people in Southeast Asia. Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but has expanded its core product platform to include private cars and motorbikes. Grab is focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety and reliability. As part of its innovative culture, Grab is testing new services such as social carpooling, as well as last mile and food deliveries. Grab currently offers services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. For more information, please visit: http://www.grab.com.